Saturday 29 March 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Good morning

Not such a nice morning weather wise - damp and foggy here, let's hope it burns off and we get some sunshine later.  

It is Mother's Day in the UK tomorrow.  I lost my own Mum a couple of year's ago, but here's the card I made for my Mother-in-Law.  She loves flowers so I'm sure she will love the image.  


The image is from a LOTV Art Pad "Set 3 - Wild Flowers" and has been matted and layered onto Bazzill card stock.  The background papers are from "Timeless Victorian" paper pad and the sentiment from "Set 26 - Simply Sophisticated" both from LOTV.  I decided to drag the old sewing machine out to stitch around the edges - like the effect and must make an effort to do this more!  

The border die is from Magnolia and the corner die is "Filigree Corner" by La-La-Land.  A Tonic punch was used to create the little butterflies.  The flowers "Cherry Blossom, Sweetheart Blooms and Gypsophilia" are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the pearl spray is from Anna Marie Designs.  The ribbon and pearls are from my craft box.

I would like to enter this in the following challenge:

Creative Inspirations : Challenge 258 - It's a girl thing
Lexi's Creations : Challenge 112 - Use your Punches and Dies
Crafty Catz : Challenge 224 - Anything Goes
Lili of the Valley : Crafty Bingo (Ribbon, Pearls, Flowers)

9 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, your MIL will love it, I know I would! Thanks for sharing with us at Lexi's Crations!

Janette said...

Oh this is so beautiful, sure your MIL will adore it, I would....
Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Claire said...

A very pretty card and layout and a gorgeous colour too. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card!
Helen x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Deborah, I love you beautiful image - one of my favourite LOTV flower toppers, I'm sure your MIL will love her card.
Pauline
x

Lin said...

What a beautiful card. Love that image, and it goes so beautifully with your background papers.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Lexi's Creations

NGCARDS said...

A beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Naomi Johnson said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Erica said...

Such a beautiful card, Deborah. The sewing looks fab, and it's so great to see the combinations of papers and Art Pads people use, gorgeous!

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Crafty BINGO' challenge!

Good Luck!

Hugs

Erica x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...